San Francisco Giants leverage Digideck for progressive ticketing renewal campaign
The San Francisco Giants were looking to celebrate their 20th anniversary at the historic Oracle Park with a bang – starting with a high-impact 2020 renewal campaign that would both drive renewals and celebrate the history of the organization with their loyal Season Ticket Members.
Some of the key features and functionality the Giants were taking into consideration when making the decision on a ticketing sales solution were:
- The ability to quickly automate the creation of customized ticketing renewal messaging to a list of over 5,000 Season Ticket Members and deliver that targeted message during a critical time in their decision making process
- The ability to create highly immersive & visual content ensured to leave a lasting impression
- Analytical capabilities showcasing member engagement with the content, including the ability to store key engagement metrics inside their own CRM system to drive in-house reporting
- A turnkey, highly automated solution taking hours of work off of sellers to optimize current sales cycles
- The ability for Season Ticket Members to quickly view, print, and renew their custom invoice all from one purpose-driven site
“We are thrilled with the custom Digideck solution that allowed us to leverage the ticketing data inside our CRM system to automatically generate and update personalized presentations for our Season Ticket Members. We were able to deliver dynamic, high-impact content to each member that updated automatically as their account details changed. With the data flowing back into CRM, we can also target follow-up to the members that need it most. We look forward to continuing to assess and optimize the results of this initiative as the 2020 season draws closer and fans reach important points in their decision making process.”
Taking several solutions into account before moving forward with Digideck, the Giants weighed their options carefully.
Based on a list of key technology features and automation capabilities, the Digideck became a clear front runner. With extensive Salesforce Integration capabilities and a level of customization unrivaled by many competitors, Digideck checked the necessary boxes for this Giants initiative, while also leveraging a flexible platform that can be reused for other ticket-focused campaigns long after renewals are complete. The final solution included:
- Custom account and sales rep info
- Custom pricing details
- Custom printable invoice
- Live integration with Salesforce.com to generate and update presentations as ticket products changed (requires ticketing products stored in Salesforce).
- Digideck Salesforce.com Integration linking each custom presentation to the renewal opportunity.
- Live stats feed back into CRM custom fields to allow internal reporting and dashboards on renewal activity
After quickly and efficiently going through the kickoff to launch process with the Giants team, Sportsdigita worked to ensure all details and capabilities were covered before going “live.”
Sending over 5,500 custom-generated renewal presentations via Digideck, the Giants launched with Sportsdigita on November 1, 2019 – a key deadline picked by the franchise and strictly followed by the Sportsdigita team.
After initial send data was made available, the initial reports indicated a successful and engaging campaign. Digideck’s back-end analytics noted an average viewing session of over 30 minutes among individual users — an important metric indicating the level of engagement with this campaign.
While the data from this campaign is still actively being reported on, the Giants are pleased with the outcome of this renewal initiative and continually monitor progress leading up to an important season in their franchise’s rich history deeply embedded in the roots of the San Francisco fanbase.